Friday 8 August 2008

Don't Keep Quiet


Like most programmers, I use forums and mailing lists all the time. Some people post hundrends of times a day on various websites, others lurk silently in the background.

I'm one of those lurkers. Most of the time I manage to get the answer to my question without asking for help. Only when I'm desparate I tend to post. What I should be doing is joining the conversation when I have something to say. If something inspires, angers or provokes some kind of emotion, I should say something.

When I do say something I should have a link to my website and blog in the signature, so people that have interest in me can find out more. I should post messages using my company email when possible.

Obviously this blog post won't apply to everybody, but if you do own your own business you should be using every opportunity to promote it, including message signatures!

No comments: