Friday 22 August 2008

Losing site of the project scope


I'm shocked. I've looked at my original business plan and cash flow forecast. The system that I am building now is far beyond the orginal first version. At some point I had changed my mind over a major feature which was going to be in version 1. That feature was very specific, for a very niche market. I changed my mind and went for another feature that was broader and had a large market potential. I thought it made sense on a technical level to do the basics first before adding advanced features.

I'm shocked because I changed the market I was aiming for technical reasons. That sounds bad. I lost site of the project scope, so it was enevitable that I wouldn't keep to any deadlines.

Am I proving that I am just a programmer and don't have a head for business?

Have I aimed for a too broader market?

Do I have enough time to salvage my mistakes?

No comments: