Thursday 18 September 2008

Prioritizing Feature Development


Particletree has a great article on prioritizing feature development and managing your user's expectations.

"If you’re not careful about managing your expectations and your users’ expectations, it can end up feeling like a game of constant disappointment because the things you want to do will always be larger than what you’ve already done."

This really struck a cord with me. One of the reasons why I've been so disappointed with my own site is that it has not lived up with the dream site that filled my head. I also realise that releasing a half-baked product will not live-up to users expectations. Much of the text on the main marketing site over-promises, so the actual product is bound to disappoint.

Since my site never met my own expectations, how could it ever meet my users expectations?

No comments: